Nowadays, both Salesforce and Amazon Web Services (AWS) were the high-quality technologies of the world. If we talk about Cloud Computing, then Salesforce and AWS are the first choices by the students or people. But several times, I have seen that many students get a little bit confused regarding Salesforce and AWS. So here, I am explaining this that helps its reader to understand Salesforce VS AWS.
- Both Salesforce and AWS are in cloud computing services.
- Both are the global leaders in the cloud services market ( Salesforce in SaaS and AWS in IaaS ).
- Salesforce and AWS both support the best application deployments.
- Salesforce and AWS both support cloud-style operations.
- AWS is a cloud service platform from Amazon that provides IaaS, while Salesforce is a company that offers a suite of applications for businesses that provides PaaS and SaaS.
- Salesforce is more focused on customer success, while AWS is more concerned with infrastructure.
- AWS is about providing fast, easy and cheap access to virtual machines, storage, and hosted applications in its IaaS cloud. While Salesforce is a SaaS, that is attempting to build up its accompanying PaaS.
- AWS permits customers to migrate their existing enterprise software license to Amazon’s cloud and lets AWS worry about all underlying infrastructure but, Salesforce has a different model. Salesforce isn’t pushing customers to migrate their other apps into its cloud while they want customers to be all within its cloud.
- Amazon has everything in place to allow customers to outscore their packaged software onto its cloud, where enterprises are becoming more and more comfortable with it. Salesforce wants to be the place where the enterprise’s next-generation business apps are built and stored.
- AWS is competing in the market due to offerings of similar IaaS services that are providing all niches. Whereas, Salesforce isn’t competing with those offerings. Salesforce has found a category in its ecosystem of customers and is nurturing and growing it.
Salesforce and AWS both share a strategic partnership, encompassing technical alignment and joint development. Many Salesforce products run on AWS, while AWS uses Salesforce’s CRM with the flexibility and agility necessary to sustain their rapid customer growth. Also, there are many other offerings that they provide together that are as follows:
1. Data Integration between Heroku and AWS :
Heroku is a cloud application (PaaS) utilized by organizations of all sizes to deploy and operate applications in the world. Heroku supports various programming languages acquired by Salesforce in 2010. Mainly Heroku focuses on infrastructure management, scaling, and security. All Heroku services are host on Amazon’s EC2 cloud computing platform. Heroku’s physical infrastructure is hosted and managed within Amazon’s secure data centers and utilizes AWS technology.
2. AWS IoT Integration with Salesforce IoT Cloud :
Both Salesforce IoT Cloud and AWS IoT streamline your ability to drive value from your network of things seamlessly, connecting your IoT system to your business systems. You can create more personalized experiences through IoT with minimal overhead. And empower business users to build, test, and innovate event orchestration. AWS IoT customers can route trillions of messages from billions of devices directly to Salesforce IoT Cloud with IoT regulations engine action that solves multiple use cases across all industries.
Also, there are multiple possibilities for you to create meaningful experiences via IoT. For example, You could construct logics that automatically builds a service case in Salesforce Service Cloud whenever your customer’s product has an issue. Or you can implement more efficient supply chain practices by tracking the demand of your products in real-time and triggering restocks at the optimal moment.
3. AWS content available on Trailhead :
In Dreamforce 2019, Salesforce and AWS have decided to make AWS content available on the Trailhead. Well, Trailhead is Salesforce’s free online learning platform. It helps users to train in cloud-related technologies to become proficient in the cloud. For cloud learners who were new to learn AWS Cloud skills, Trailhead provides AWS Cloud for Technical Professionals course that covers all fundamental concepts of AWS.
You will learn how to use AWS compute, storage, database, networking, and security services via the AWS console. You will also review how to monitor and optimize your IT infrastructure. For learning AWS content on Trailhead, only you need a Trailhead account to enroll in the course for free.
4. Salesforce’s Service Cloud Voice interacts with Amazon Connect :
Another offering provided by Salesforce and AWS in Dreamforce 2019 is that the Salesforce Service Cloud Voice seamlessly integrates with Amazon Connect to provide contact center agents with a complete set of tools in their agent workspace to deliver enhanced customer service support. Amazon Connect is a simple to use cloud contact center service from AWS. It makes it easy for organizations to provide better customer service at a lower cost. Service Cloud Voice integrates with Amazon Connect, a new product that brings together phones, digital channels, and CRM data into one unified console.
Amazon Connect also provides powerful AI-powered speech analytics. It uses Amazon Transcribe, Amazon Translate, and Amazon Comprehend for surface sentiment analysis, speech to text transcription, and translation into preferred languages directly to agents via Service Voice Cloud. The combination of Service Cloud Voice and the Amazon Connect solution reduced call resolution times. And enable service organizations to streamline operations while providing advanced customer service.
5. Amazon Chime SDK to power video communications for new Salesforce Anywhere App :
Introduced in TrailheaDX 2020, AWS and Salesforce decided to strengthen their global partnership. Now the users can use the Amazon Chime SDK to power video communications in the new Salesforce Anywhere application as the announcement made. Amazon Chime SDK is a set of real-time communications components that developers can use quickly to add audio, video, and screen sharing skills to their web and mobile applications. While Salesforce Anywhere is the new app to enable more effective collaboration embedded within the Salesforce.
Amazon Chime SDK allows users to attend video calls at any time without leaving Salesforce Anywhere and add video at any time across different supported devices. Salesforce will use the Amazon Chime SDK because of the expanded AWS services, security abilities, and reliability. Amazon Chime SDK offers developers like Salesforce control over the end-user experience.
Also, there are many offerings that both Salesforce and AWS provide continuously. You have to visit the official websites of Salesforce and AWS to get an update on all new partnerships. When we learn different technologies, then sometimes we get confused about which technology is best for us to study more and more or not. Well, every technology is best in its ways. It depends upon your skillset and the career path you intend to pursue. So select the related technology in which you have an interest and get started with that.